How to enable Additional MT? #️⃣
Additional MT Engines are an advanced feature and are available with the Autopilot plan and higher tiers.
How does it work? #️⃣
Activating “Additional MT” enables it for all your apps in Localazy. Everyone involved in the translation process can use the new suggestions, leading to faster translations and generally better translation quality.
Currently supported MT engines are:
- Amazon Translate (default)
- Google Translate
- Azure Translator
To request integration with an additional MT engine which not already present in the list above, please contact us at [email protected]
On top of these external engines, the Additional MT add-on enables you to see suggestions from ShareTM for translations, even when your app is not a part of ShareTM (App Settings > Use community translations = off).
With the Autopilot plan active, everyone involved in translating your apps should immediately see the suggestions from supported machine translation engines.
MT pre-translate #️⃣
With the Autopilot plan active, a new feature becomes available - MT pre-translate.
Use it in the File management to apply machine translations of your choice to your texts in the available files. Just select the desired engine and target language.
You can also translate all strings in the project to a desired language by navigating to Translations screen and selecting Pre-translate with MT from the context menu of the language. Then, you are only asked to choose which engine should Localazy use.
⚠️ Please note that applying automatic machine translations might result in unexpected errors in your placeholders, glossary terms, and special markup contained in the source strings. Consider using our Human-Assisted Machine Translations service to ensure a better quality of translations and avoid potential bugs.
Don’t worry about pre-translate overwriting your work. The pre-translate function does not affect existing translations!
You can also choose:
- if you want to send new translations to review or approve them all
- to apply the translations to keys that already have some translation waiting for review
- apply new translations to keys where the source string changed
- Pre-translate might not work in case your source content is too long. (Learn more)
- Pre-translate currently does not apply to plurals, because there might be different plural forms in the source and target language.
- Pre-translate does not translate keys with translations that are already translated, even though there might be another version waiting for review (waiting for review = true AND missing current version = false).
- Pre-translate might result in unexpected errors in your placeholders, glossary terms, and special markup contained in the source strings